Jet2, TUI, Ryanair and easyJet at the latest: All countries on the green list where quarantine is not required on return to the UK
More countries have been added to the UK’s eco travel list and it is now reported that 20 more countries and destinations may be added later this month.
The British have been thrilled with the government’s latest travel advisory as the Spanish Balearic Islands including Ibiza and others have been moved to the green list and it is a popular destination in Europe.
To further assist travelers, the government has introduced a Green Watch List which covers countries on the Green List but which could potentially move to the Amber List.
Read more: Complete travel lists in green, amber and red as changes take effect
On this list are Anguilla, the Balearic Islands, Barbados, Madeira and more.
For now, Green List countries ultimately mean Britons can travel to and from countries without having to follow any restrictions except for Covid testing and there is no quarantine or quarantine. self-isolation involved.
However, bookings to these countries and destinations have increased and so have prices naturally.
News that the government will remove quarantine restrictions when Britons return from Amber List countries has also led to an increase in bookings.
From July 26, anyone traveling from an Orange List country to England who has suffered a double bite does not have to self-isolate.
Sky News reports that The Telegraph understands that 20 countries, including many in Europe, could also be greenlisted in the next review.
These countries include France, Italy, Denmark, Austria, and more.
Here is the full Green List, including the countries or destinations that are on the Green Watch List:
- Anguilla – Green Watch List
- Antarctica / British Antarctic Territory – Green Watch List
- Antigua and Barbuda – Green Watch List
- Balearic Islands (Formentera, Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca) – green watch list
- Barbados – Green Watch List
- Bermuda – Green Watch List
- British Indian Ocean Territory – Green List
- British Virgin Islands – Green Watch List
- Cayman Islands – Green Watch List
- Dominica – Green Watch List
- the falkland islands
- Faroe Islands
- Grenada – Green Watch List
- Israel and Jerusalem – Green Watch List
- Madeira – Green Watch List
- Montserrat – Green Watch List
- New Zealand
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands – Green Watch List