Citizens Insurance Hike OK’d + Hillsborough Teacher Shortage
Get up and over to them, Tampa! Catch up with each other to start this day on an informed note. These are the most important things happening around Tampa today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy and humid. High: 84 Low: 69.
Rent this space:
Are you a a local business owner or merchant in Tampa? We would love to start connecting local businesses with our amazing readers. Learn more about how it works.
Here are the best stories today in Tampa:
1. Hillsborough County Schools are recruit college students like interns then hire them combat continuing shortage of teachers. There is currently 435 teaching positions in Hillsborough County. (WFLA)
2. Former Bucs player Vincent Jackson has been diagnosed with step 2 CTE following a posthumous study of his pitchm. Jackson suffered from memory loss, paranoia, erratic behavior, and was dependent on alcohol before his death at a Brandon hotel, according to his wife. The family said she wanted publish the findings from his study of the brain to help raise awareness of CTE and the risks. (Tampa patch)
3. Well drilling at Piney Point could start next week after no objections were filed against a now approved permit. It will take several years to close and style the horror made of phosphate extraction and processing followed by decades to monitor the area. (WFLA)
4. Citizen’s property insurance company., the board of directors of the state-backed insurer Wednesday approved search for general tariff increases of 11% Next year. The citizens saw massive growth over the past two years like in financial difficulty private insurers have abandoned policies and asked for strong rate increases regulators. Civil servants expect to have over a million fonts by the end of 2022. (Creative Loafing)
5. The Tampa Bay Crisis Center will be open a second sexual assault facility in August 2022 at 201 14th Avenue SE in Ruskin. Staff at the South Hillsborough facility will be trained to collect rape evidence kits and provide emotional support and counseling. (Fox 13 Tampa)
Today’s Tampa Daily is presented in part by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change lives for you and your community – and to have access to this amazing technology – Click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Tampa!
Today in Tampa:
- Presentation of the annual Christmas toy drive By JParker Capital at Sweet Soul SoHo. (7:00 a.m.)
- CafÃ© Con Tampa: From Saloons to Steakhouses – A Thirsty Tampa Story at Oxford Exchange. (8h00)
- Fall Exhibition of Art and Design Graduates at the College of Arts and Letters at the University of Tampa. (6:00 p.m.)
- Quiz Night: Winter Wonderland at the Hillsborough County Public Library Co-operative. (6.30 p.m.)
- The comic one-on-one confrontation at Spitfire Comedy House. (10 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Eurowings Discover launched its first non-stop flight at Tampa International Airport from Frankfurt, Germany Thursday. The flight will be operated four times a week on an A330. (Facebook)
- “Sell Tampa” is officially on Netflix and characteristics Downtown Tampa and others landmarks around town. New features of the show Real Estate Allure, who belongs to Sharelle Rosado. (Facebook)
- Inauguration of Ben & Jerry’s Midtown Tampa is set for January 14, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Martin Luther King weekends. There will be free ice cream samples, cake samples, prizes, music, and more. (Facebook)
- Director of the Tampa Convention and Tourism Center Una garvey Brand her 40th year in the City of Tampa team. The team threw a party this week. (Facebook)
- Office of Governor DeSantis at responded to a democratic push at reigns over rent increases. (Twitter)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
Do you like the Tampa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially in the loop for today! See you soon.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats culinary blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with blogs and articles related to food.